Flat Screen TV Wall Mount Installation in Maple Ridge, BC
Do you live in Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows and need a flat screen TV wall mounted in your home? Whether you are looking to save space or just make an aesthetically pleasing update to your home, wall mounting your SMART TV is a great choice. TV mounts now come with large variety of options and can be mounted to just about any surface including drywall, brick, cement, or tile.
If your not quite set on a TV wall mount, here is some information to help you make a decision.
Why Wall Mount a Flat Screen TV?
Having your television mounted on a wall has several benefits including the following.
- It Saves a ton of space. Especially if you have a really big TV. You don’t need to waste your living room space on huge entertainment centers anymore. All you need to purchase is a wall mount, a TV, and a small stand or cabinet to house your audio and video components. If you want to save even more space, you can upgrade to a shelf that hangs from the wall mount so your entire home theatre is off the ground.
- Adjustability. Even the most basic TV mounts come with at least a tilt adjustment so you can adjust your viewing angle. The higher end models can do just about anything you can think of.
- Out of reach for children and animals. You have the choice of how high you want the TV mounted so you can keep the kids and tv safe by mounting it a little higher. This way there is less chance for damage to the TV or injury to pets or children because it can’t tip over.
- It just looks good.
- You’ll need to know the screen size and weight of the tv.
– In most cases weight isn’t an issue, especially if you purchased a brand new plasma or LED tv. But, it’s good to know anyway.
- What features are you looking for?
– The most basic mounts will have tilt adjustment. Other options include an articulating arm, rotational adjustment up to 180 degrees, or a shallow mount.
- Where will the tv be mounted?
– The most common place to mount a TV is directly above a fireplace in the living room. However, you can mount a tv just about anywhere such as in a corner, behind a bar, underneath your kitchen cabinets, or even in the bathroom.
- What surface will you be mounting to?
– Most mounts come with an assortment of wall fasteners so you can attach to anything from drywall to cement. Make sure the mount you get has the correct fasteners. All mounts have the ability to attach to drywall.
- Cost. Typically you can expect to spend about $1oo for most TV mounts. However, for larger, heavier TVs, you can spend up to $200 for fully adjustable options.